Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Cincy pt 2-The Show

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Cincy pt 1
  • Just got back from cincy
  • Yawn.....
  • For Margie
  • WooHoo!
  • Dietary changes
  • Neal McCoy - For A ChangeTHIS is Neal!
  • Look who visited my hometown!
  • Okay..........
  • OMG!
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Wednesday, July 26, 2006

    Cincy pt 2-The Show

    We'd met up with Jan, Cindy, Gina, Sheila and Lori during the pre-party so afterward we went into the ampitheater with them, except Gina and Sheila who'd left the party a bit early. We found our seats and 5th row ended up not being too bad, since the rows were slightly curved and each was a seat or two longer, meaning we were actually only about 3 rows from the front.

    We hadn't been there too long when we looked up on stage and there was Mike Reinemann and Mark Senff. If you've read the thread on the OF about the Cincy show, you already know that Mark had posted that they were going to be there. I jokingly replied that I wanted Mark's autograph and then Chrissy posted that she was going to wear a shirt that said "Senff Groupie" on it. Mark came back with a "Mark Senff calls your bluff" post. Ha!!! He'll know better next time!

    We got out shirts that we'd made and then yelled for Mark and held them up. He look confused at first but the look on his face when he realized who we were and what was on the shirts was priceless! After the sound guy got out of his way, Mike took a picture and then Mark came down to talk to us. We insisted that he sign both shirts and pose for pics. He did, bless his heart, and we chatted for a bit before he was off to shoot some video for the website. He is still involved with the site, he's just not in charge any longer.

    We weren't interested in seeing the opening act so we headed back out to the lawn where it was slightly cooler so that I could have a smoke. During Stoll Vaughn's last song he announced that Neal, Jon and Phil were joining him onstage so we hurried back to our seats. I got a couple of pics of Phil and Jon jamming.

    Journey came on very quickly afterward. I think I've made it very clear how I feel about Journey without Steve Perry. Chrissy was impressed, I was not. Jeff Scott Soto has a nice voice it just isn't suited to Journey's classic songs, not to mention he's one ugly mo-fo. Neal took his usual "Look at me I'm a rock gawwwwd" stance. Ick. The guy makes me sick, always has. There were however a couple of highlights. Deen did lead vocals on Who's Crying Now, Faithfully and Open Arms. He was amazing. His voice is much better suited to the songs, and while he does sound a bit like the great Steve Perry, he changed the songs just enough to make them his own. If he would take over lead permanently I might just have to approve! I so wish I had been at the show where he did have to take over from Steve Augeri. That would have been a real treat.

    Okay now for the good stuff! da Leps! Of course they were awesome, though I thought there might have been a problem with Joe's mic. Numerous times his voice faded in and out. All the guys were spot on all night. They opened with Let's Get Rocked and no more than a couple of lines into the song, he looked our way and gave Chrissy a big smile. we were close enough to get smiles from every one ('cept Mr. Allen :( , I hate the new stage setup!) Vivian saw me aiming the camera at him and gave me a huge grin for my efforts, sweetie that he is.

    Sav's bass solo before Rock On is absolutely fabulous and the screen during Rocket was awesome. Sav's mic must have been turned way up during most of the show. I've seen them 15 times now and this was the first time I could ever very distinctly pick out his voice, a lot. At one point he was at the front of the stage, and he turned to Vivian and said "wow" so the crowd must have impressed them too!

    Photograph was the highlight for me, for several reasons. At one point, Joe held a note so long it was amazing. I just stood there with my mouth hanging open! Then of course there's Phil. we didn't see much of him, since we were right in front of Viv but when he came over during Photograph I was able to cathc his attention. He stopped, smiled, said "Hey", turned away, turned back, smiled again and said "Hi Lisa!" I nearly fainted! By the time the show was over I was beginning to wonder if I'd just imagined it. Chrissy said she saw him say hi the first time but didn't catch the second part. By then I was certain that I had imagined it, until Jan came over and said she'd seen him say hi to me. I even asked her if she'd seen him turn back and say my name and she said YES!

    Ya'll know I adore Phil but I had nooooo idea that he'd have any clue what my name was. Thanks a bunch Phil, you definitely made my night!

    After the show, we hung out in the parking lot for a bit though from what we'd heard the band was leaving to catch a flight to the next show, so probably wouldnt' be coming out. Finally some rent-a-cops on bikes insisted that we leave so we headed home, exhausted, thrilled, just a bit disappointed that they hadn't come out, not enough to ruin our day though.

    Our next show is in August to see Rick Springfield, then it's another Lep show right here in Columbus and I can't wait!
    |