Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Byesville

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Shopping spree
  • This is driving me crazy!
  • One month
  • I have come to the conclusion
  • Yesterday
  • OMG!
  • :(
  • HELP!
  • Cincy pics!
  • Grrrr!
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Wednesday, August 16, 2006

    Byesville

    I grew up in a small town in Ohio, Byesville. Chrissy and I have been talking for months about going back for a day or two just to walk around and check things out but with her new job she's been really busy, so yesterday my sister Shirley, David and I made the trip. It's about an hour and half southeast of Columbus.

    It's amazing how much it's changed and yet it's still the same. I hadn't been back there to really explore the town since the early '90's. My mom's house has changed sooo much I didn't even recognize it, as had the house right next door. I took some pics and I'm going to go through all my old pics and I'll post them later so you can see the difference.

    The city park looked wonderful. It has all new playground equipment, with a few of the old things left for good measure I guess and 2 beautiful gazebos. Downtown hadn't changed a whole lot, though the stores that are there are all different, not that there are many left at all. Lots of empty store fronts which is sad.

    I got to talk to my mom's best friend for a while. She's 85 now and sharp as a tack. She was like a second mother to all of us kids as we grew up. I saw Margie's parents but by the time we got done talking to Mary they'd left. Next time I want to make the time to see Margie herself, and possibly a couple of other old friends though I'm not sure who all still even lives in the area.

    I have such mixed emotions today. It was great to see the town where I grew up but it's sad too. Scott and I have been talking about moving back there in a few years, once David is in college. I think I'd like that but I'd miss all of the things there are to do in the city. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
    |