Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Beasties

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Let's get cooking!
  • Puff AKA Studly No Nuts
  • Just got a call from the hospital!
  • I think I'm in love......
  • Family emergency
  • Let's get cooking!
  • 11 days and other stuff
  • Lepplady at it again
  • I'm just gonna go scream now..........
  • Am I the only one?
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Tuesday, March 20, 2007

    Beasties

    Have you heard about the canned pet food recall? It took me a while to find the link to the company's website and I was nearly panicking. Thank goodness the 2 brands that I feed my beasts, Friskies for the cats, and Kibbles 'n Bits for the dogs, weren't on the list. If you're interested in the list here's the link:
    Recall List

    I thought it very interesting that the cheap store brands and 3 of the most expensive brands were made by the same company. It only solidifies in my mind that there really isn't much difference between brands. I've always kind of felt guilty that I don't feed my pets the best, well not any more, LOL.

    My Birds

    Does anybody else have pet birds? I'd always only fed mine bird seed until a few years ago. My vet told me that Pepper (RIP) our cockatiel was overweight. We discussed his diet and he told me that a seed only diet is very high in fat and really isn't good for them. So now in addition to seed, they get some kind fo fresh food every day. In the spring I collect dandelion greens that they love, and th rest of the year they get chopped grapes, apples, fresh spinach, frozen mixed veggies, thawed, and brussels sprouts.

    EDIT: Tracey, the recall is because 13 cats and 1 dog have died from kidney failure after eating some of the recalled brands of food. On top of that, Menu Foods, after receiving complaints, conducted their own study in February, feeding the food to 40-50 dogs and cats, in which 9 died. I hope they get shut down for good.
    |