Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Been a long while!

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Wow a real post for a change!
  • More Ben
  • Ben
  • WTF?
  • Meh....
  • Hmmmmm
  • New recipe
  • Rat poison?
  • Beasties
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Sunday, June 10, 2007

    Been a long while!

    I've actually had a good bit going on, mostly money related it seems like. First our water heater quit on us. We knew it was going, it had been leaking for several weeks but we were hoping it would hold out til our tax refund arrived. It didn't. We woke up the Thursday before Memorial day to no hot water and a small flood in the basement.


    We weren't sure what we were going to do. We had $300 and that was it, and that was supposed to go toward the gas bill. With no other real choice, Scott took Friday off and we replaced the old gas water heater with an electric one and crossed our fingers that the gas wouldn't get shut off before the next Thursday.

    Lo and behold, Tuesday morning, there was the tax refund in the mailbox! Hallelujah! Got the bills paid, paid off the furniture we had on layaway (pictures below)and had a wee little bit left over. Good thing since we had another minor mishap last Wednesday. I tried to heat some rice and veggies in the microwave and although it came on, and ran, the rice was still ice cold. Scott says it was cooking the wiring instead of the food!

    So yesterday off to Wally world we went with the last $100 of our refund. I wanted a stainless steel microwave but they started at $150 so that was out. I eventually found one for $50 so Scott said to spend the rest on whatever I wanted. You know me, I hit the clearance racks! I found a set of flatware for $40 (originally $70) and a pair of jeans for $5. With tax it all came to 100.87. Am I good or what? lol

    Speaking of "lol" I have become addicted to lolcats, more specifically the website I Can Has Cheezburger? so if you don't see me around on the groups and forums, you know where I'm at.

    Pics of new furniture!

    |