Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: C-bus!!

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Shhhh, be verwy vewy quiet........
  • Found this
  • Quote of the day.....
  • Uh oh!
  • Cincy pics!
  • Let's Get Rocked!!!!!Okay, so they didn't do LGR b...
  • Feeling a little weird...................
  • Busy week!
  • Been a long while!
  • Wow a real post for a change!
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Tuesday, July 10, 2007

    C-bus!!

    So sorry it took me so long to post this, I've spent the last couple of days in a fog. I can't remember ever being so tired after a Lep show. I guess my age is showing!

    Our day started around 10, when Chrissy picked me up to go scout out hotels and such. We didn't see anything and finally Chrissy got a message from Cindy that they'd seen one of the buses heading toward the venue. We headed that way and met up with her, Lou and Sheila. I have to pause here to say that DAYUM! Sheila is looking very hot these days. If I was into girls.....................

    Apparently the bus that they'd seen was a crew bus because at noon on the dot, the band busses pulled in. Both drivers waved at us and George had his thumbs in his ears, waving his hands at us and was making faces. We also got to talk to one of the truck drivers that Cindy knew.

    We hung around for a bit longer but since we couldn't see the buses to watch the comings and goings like we did in Cincy, we decided to head back to the hotel that the others were staying at for a while. We hung out there for a while and then Chrissy and Lou went to Arby's and got us some grub. We left just before 3 to head back to the venue. This is where is starts getting funny/interesting. As soon as we got in the car, I realized I had to pee. Well I wasn'[t going to ask the other girls to take me clear back up to the room so i figured I'd just hold it.

    We sat in Germain's parking lot, in the heat, for another two and a half hours give or take. By the time we got out to get in line, I was dying. Inside one of the side gates were porta potties so Cindy told me I should go over and ask them if I could just run in to use one and come back out. Now I know this is hard to believe, but I am pretty shy. I absolutely did not want to ask but I didn't have a choice really.

    Security at the gate would have none of it but they did suggest i go over to the radio station van to see about getting an early entry wrist band. We did, and lo and behold there was Archie!!!!! He does sports now but in 2002 he was the evening DJ and I used to call him allllllll the time begging him to play some Lep. He said he'd gladly give us wrist bands if we'd hang around for a minute until the next break so he could interview me. OMG! I'm about to whiz right down my leg and he wants to do an interview? Thankfully he kept it short and sweet and after I made a complete goof of myself, and he told the whole listening area that I had to "tinkle", we were off to the gate once agian. So we got in (even before the ILAA people) I took a looooooooooooooong whiz, got something to drink and waited for them to open the gates to the seats.

    We took a seat in one of the only shady areas a moment later, in walked Mike thorugh the back gate, by the buses. Contrary to what Chrissy posted, we did not "call out" to him. I screamed "MIKE!" at the top of my lungs! Poor guy, I don't know how he puts up with us! Anyway we chatted for a bit and then the three of us walked into the seating area.

    We thought our tickets were 6th row, but they ended up being 5th row, woo hoo, and now I'll cut to the chase. Styx put on an awesome show again, and this time Chrissy got a pic, from JY I think. I had been looking forward to REO since their Hi Infidelity was the first rock album I ever bought. After 2 songs we went out to the consession stands. It was painful to see Kevin Cronin pointedly avoid the high notes. He wasn't off-key or anything, he just sang lower notes instead of the high ones, if that makes any sense. We ended up getting some grub and talking to some friends of Chrissy's and then back to our seats for Lep.

    They opened with Rocket again (same set list they've been doing). Our seats ended up being absofrigginglutely awesome, since the third row was almost empty and the short couple in front of us kept coming and going, and finally left altogether about halfway through Lep's set. I got Phil's attention about 3 songs in and he waved and said HI! He'd already removed his shirt and I gesture wildly, pointing to my head, trying to ask him where his hat was that he'd worn in Cincy. You know, the one I told him I didn't like? His response was "Do you like it?" Ummmmmm yeah sweetie, the slightly new haircut is great but...................I'll try again later!

    We were much closer to the catwalk this time so when they came out for BOTHB I did try again and this time he got it! I think Chrissy was also making the wild gestures by this time! So, he gestured that the hat was backstage and then pointed to his pants (he had black ones on, instead of the camo ones that matched the hat) I'm assuming to let us know why he wasn't wearing it. Then he mouthed "you didn't like it anyway!" Ha! he remembered.

    Mike was toward the end of the catwalk by now, getting some pictures for the website, so I ran up to him and got his picture! Even with his pass, security tried to rum him off! Idiots!

    I haven't gotten my pics developed yet but Chrissy apparently was having lots of luck getting the band's attention. She's got awesome shots of Sav, Joe and Phil looking right at her camera! I'm having trouble getting my kid out of bed to run me to Walgreen's to drop off my film but hopefully I'll have 'em tomorrow.

    Back to the show.....I was really wound up and sadly when that happens you just never know what I'm going to do. During "Armegeddon It" I uh....cut loose. I caught Phil's eye, he smiled and I stuck my tongue out and wiggled it. He laughed and mouthed "You are bad!" A moment later He looked my way again and this time I stuck my tongue out between two fingers. This time I got an "Oh my god!" from him and he was laughing so hard i was afraid he was going to fall off the stage! All too soon the show was over.

    Mike came out as soon as the lights went up and got some pics of me, Chrissy, Jen and Eve in front of the stage. Security was busily shooing everyone out so he said he'd meet us in the parking lot in a bit. He did and we got more pics that also included Lori, Sheila, Cindy, Val and Sandy. He chatted with us for quite a while but we finally let him go as we knew he had a long drive home.

    We stuck around, waiting for the buses to leave and met a few more die-hards. As the buses left we followed them out of the parking lot and all the way to the east/west split and then headed home, tired but happy.
    |