Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Gina's fraud

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Make no mistake
  • We know you're here.................
  • Bear update
  • Back to real life
  • My C-bus pics
  • C-bus!!
  • Shhhh, be verwy vewy quiet........
  • Found this
  • Quote of the day.....
  • Uh oh!
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Tuesday, July 24, 2007

    Gina's fraud

    This all started last Saturday with this email to several people:

    "Subject: Gina
    Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:58:27 -0400

    Hello this is Bill XXXX, Gina's husband. I am sitting here in the emergency room right now using my laptop to send you this message. I know Gina has a lot of friends on the internet so I've gone into her "Favorites" link to try and contact some of you. So if you know her please pass this along to those that you know are her friends. I'm only sending this to the group that I know she has and the friends listed in her friends section of her email.

    Gina was in a very bad car accident about an hour ago. She went to the store to get some things and the next thing I knew I was getting a call from the ER nurse. She was, from what the police are telling me thus far, hit head-on by a teenager who crossed the center line.

    At this time she is down in MRI/CT getting a scan of her head and chest. She is unconscious and non-responsive and is on a machine to help her breath. If you would like I will try to keep you all posted on how she is doing, but at this time and with the minimal information that I have she is in very critical condition. Please pray for her and our family at this time of need.
    Thank you,
    Bill XXXX"


    Immediately several of us were suspicious for several reasons. One, who would think to take a laptop to the ER with them? Two, wouldn't it have been the police making the notification, not an ER nurse?
    Three, several of us checked the IP number and it was Gina's home IP.

    Then came this:
    "Hello this is Bill XXXX again, Gina's husband. I can let you guys know as much as I know about how Gina is doing, she's still going through tests. First of all let me start by saying thank you for all the support you've shown for her and I in this difficult time.

    As you know Gina was hit head-on in a car accident this morning. The teenager who hit her was not hurt but his occupant did suffer a broken neck and collar bone. As for Gina, the last I posted she was getting a MRI/CT scan done and this is what we've found out so far.

    Gina has a compound fracture of her right leg (meaning the bone has snapped completely in half and is protruding through the skin). She has a pretty long list of injuries and is being prepped for exploratory surgery now. I will tell you what we know as of right now.

    Gina's injuries:

    1. Her left hand is broken in 6 places, as is her wrist and
    both bones in her left forearm.

    2. Her collar bone is broken on both sides as is her left
    shoulder blade (which was pretty much shattered, so it
    is at this time, looking like she will require surgery on
    that).

    3. Her right leg is broken as I said as is her right knee cap.

    4. She has a fractured spine in 3 places and due to this is
    in a stationary harness bed to keep her from moving.

    5. She has some internal injuries and is bleeding internally because of this. They are taking her down to OR to find out where she is bleeding from. They do believe that the bleeding may be coming from her spleen, so maybe they won't have to do too much in the way or surgery on her to stop it.

    6. The MRI/CT scan isn't good however, she's got a fractured skull on the left side near her temporal lobe. This has caused her brain to swell and due to this they are having a hard time keeping her from having seizures.

    Gina is still unresponsive and her reflexes are slow to respond. Her eyes are open but she just stares off into space. She is in a coma and is as I said before, in very critical condition. They have to stabilize her (which they have not been able to do yet) in order to transport her to a better, more advanced facility. The doctor, nurse and social worker informed us that Gina had to have CPR performed on her at the scene and upon entry into the ER because her blood pressure bottomed out and they lost a heart beat on her. She has pulled through that but is still not doing well at all.

    That's all I have for now. Please forgive me if I do not let you know anything for a little while, this is hard for I, her parents and siblings to deal with right now and my mind is pretty much mush right now.
    Thank you again for your kind words and prayers.
    Bill XXXX"

    There were a couple more updates over the next couple of days. We were still highly suspicious as there was nothing in Gina's local papers about a head on collision. One of us even went so far as to write a couple of emails. I will post those later if I get permission. Monday the replies to those emails came in. First an internet expert confirmed that the first email (supposedly sent form the hospital) was sent form Gina's home as her internet provider does not offer mobile internet service. The second email was from Gina's city's police chief letting us know that no one with her name had been involved in an accident over the weekend.

    Then there was this email:

    "Well the doctor is saying probably Friday. And yes, she was pretty bad in the ICU, but I know (as I work in the hospital too) it's a precaution that they put someone in there for any head injury (at least they do at the facility I work at). And, due to the fact she was not waking up, that was the main reason the doctor initially felt it was best to put her in there. Once she started coming around she was moved to the step down (or Telemetry) unit.

    Again, thank you for all your support the last few days. Gina, her family and I don't know how to thank you all."

    Uh released Friday? With all those injuries?

    Yesterday evening Bill, or rather Gina posing as Bill took things one step further and that's where she screwed up. She posted these photos on her group:




    Thanks to another Lep fan who quickly found this:

    I'm normally a pretty trusting person and when I heard about this accident...I had no reason to doubt it's truthfulness. I've been studying for a very hard and mentally taxing exam for the past couple weeks so I am thinking that is why I didn't "catch" the inconsistencies before. When I did see those pictures, I thought that for her extensive injuries that the car didn't look that bad. I totalled my car a couple years ago and it had about the same amount of damage and I walked away. Like I said, I was preppin for my exam so my mind wasn't looking for bullshit. Today I come home from my exam to find all these emails in my inbox about whether this accident was legit or not. Re-reading all the emails and looking at the pics..I decided to look a little deeper. It didn't make sense. I guess I should also note here that I used to be a private investigator before I got into the medical field. It comes in handy at times. I don't even think I needed my background to put an end to this story. Google is your friend people.

    Look at the pics in this link and compare them to the photos that "Bill" posted here. If the pics of "Gina's car" disappear,email me. I took a print screen of them on this site. This way no one can say that I am pulling them out of my ass.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Link #1
    http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/accident_story/9-7-04-bad-car-crash-2.html">
    link #2
    http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/accident_story/9-7-04.html

    and the attached story of said photos:

    It was April 29, 2004 around 2:30 in the afternoon and I was driving back from work in Canton, Michigan. Approximately 10 minutes into my drive I was struck head-on, and without warning, by a car going 40-plus MPH heading in the opposite direction. The car was driven by a 17-year-old kid who *obviously* was not mature nor focussed enough to be behind the wheel of a car. The impact sent my car (a 1997 Plymouth Breeze) sailing into oncoming traffic.

    As you can see in the pictures, my car was totaled. I was struck with such force that the engine block was pushed UNDER the firewall. When the paramedics arrived it took about four of them to pull my mangled body from the wreckage. I had suffered a BADLY broken right femur (thighbone) in which the bone almost protruded through my skin, a fractured left tibia (shinbone), torn knee ligaments, a badly sprained right ankle and internal bleeding, among other things.

    I was conscious for the entire thing and had no feeling from the waist down. It was the single most terrifying day of my life. I thought I was going to die, or at least never walk again. I spent a week in the hospital and underwent emergency surgery. I have more surgery to come on my left leg in the near future. Thanks to the fabulous orthopedic surgeon that was on call that fateful day, my legs were saved. The kid that hit me walked away uninjured. The moral of the story is: live life one day at a time because you never know when something can happen and turn things upside-down. Before my accident I was a very active, athletic 20-year-old. I now have a new appreciation for life, because I realize how fast it can come to an end.

    Be safe and be cautious,
    Janice

    So the pictures were from an entirely different accident that occurred in 2004.

    Today this was posted on Gina's group by one of her closest friends:

    "First off, you will notice that Gina was the first one that I have sent this to.

    Second, I have to say when I got the news about the accident, I was in
    tears. I consider Gina one of my good friends and someone that I can turn
    to. She was there for me when I was going thru all of my medical stuff.

    But, having said that, I want all of you to know that I knew nothing other
    than what you did. Some of the e-mails made reference to Bill talking to
    me about Gina's condition. Which we did talk. Making everyone think
    that everything that was being said and e-mailed was true.

    When I first got the e-mail, alot of the things didn't ring true. But my friend
    wouldn't lie to me, right??? Then I got to thinking, her and Bill haven't been
    getting along, maybe he did something to her. Let me tell you people, I
    had all of the same thoughts that you have had. I saw all of the discrepencies.
    But again, he must've done something to her. Which explains why not alot
    of what was e-mailed sounded true.

    I e-mailed her neighbor across the street, I called the hospitals for days
    (I'm sure they got sick of me). I tried to call Gina's relatives. I called
    the newstation, the newspaper, the cops, 911. I even sent the cops over there.
    They were supposed to call me back, which they didn't. Which had me
    convinced that Bill did something to her and they were investigating that.
    Thats why they didn't call me back, right?? Let me tell you, I could've been a
    detective with all of the people and what I was looking into.

    But, I just made a phone call to the Lapeer County police station, and
    asked them what they found out when they went out to Gina's on Sunday.
    I didn't want to hang Bill till I found out for sure. The policewoman had to call
    me back, as she had to look up the case number. Know what she told
    me?? That the policeman who went out there talked directly to Gina
    and Gina told him, no need to call Misty, I'll call her.

    Let me tell you people, I AM LIVID!!! I AM PISSED!!!!!!! Gina, what
    were you thinking? Why would you do this to so many people who
    cared about you?? I have people e-mailing me becuz we are best
    friends, and because Bill (or should I say you), put it in the e-mails
    that we talked directly, implicating me. Thinking I knew more than I
    did. SHAME ON YOU GINA!!

    I personally don't want to hear another word about Gina. You took my
    feelings and my heart and stomped the shit out of it!! You are not a
    nice person Gina. I hope that whatever reason you did this, that it was
    worth it and I hope that you get help.

    So there you all have it. I can't explain why Gina did this, only she can.
    But I can tell you that it is not true and we can lay this to rest and NOT
    talk about it again."
    |