Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: My week from h*ll

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Debs.....
  • Byesville
  • Shopping spree
  • This is driving me crazy!
  • One month
  • I have come to the conclusion
  • Yesterday
  • OMG!
  • :(
  • HELP!
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Tuesday, August 22, 2006

    My week from h*ll

    One week ago today, David, Shirley and I went to Byesville. It's been soooooo downhill from there! We'd no more than walked in the door last Tuesday night when Ruby crapped on the floor. I figured she was just excited to see us since we don't leave them alone for that long very often, and she's getting a bit on the senile side.

    No such luck. 3 times in the middle of the night I had to clean up after her and take her out. By Wednesday it had become explosive diarrhea. Every hour or so, around the clock I was cleaning up messes and taking her out. Thursday evening Jasper started doing the same thing and by that time Ruby's messes were absolutely foul smelling.

    Friday we got a diagnosis, Dog Show Crud, and believe me the name fits. It's nasty and highly contagious. Sunday night Mitzi began having diarrhea, but Ruby was getting better. This morning Jasper finally had a semi-solid bowel movement, so it looks like he's on the mend. We were hoping we'd dodged a bullet with Bear and Shadow since they've seemed fine, however as I typed this, Shadow threw up ( the other three actually threw up once a few hours before the diarrhea started too) so I may in for yet more disgusting messes and sleepless nights.

    It takes about five days for it to run its course, and of course that's without any complications. So far we haven't had any so keep your fingers crossed, as it can be deadly at times.

    So here's where we're at right now. Ruby and Jasper are better, Mitzi is on day 2 and Bear and Shadow (maybe) have yet to get sick. I got a full night's sleep last night, thanks to pepto bismol for Mitzi. I've gone through 8 rolls of paper towels and 2 cans of Lysol. I'm stocked up with plenty more just in case, also on pepto though that's kind of hit or miss on whether it works or not. It helped Ruby some, Mitzi a bunch and Jasper not at all.
    |