Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Sabrina

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • For your viewing pleasure......
  • Last doctor's appointment for a while
  • I had to post this!
  • Well.......
  • Tired, angry, frustrated
  • Kicking ass baby!
  • Now I'm really depressed
  • Happy Birthday!
  • booooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnngggg!
  • Oh the weather outside is frightful......
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Friday, March 03, 2006

    Sabrina

    I thought since Chrissy is at work and the DL forum is down I'd take the time to post a little bit about Sabrina. I've thought about this post for a long time but it just seemed like other things kept me from actually getting it put into words.

    Some of you may know that Brittany isn't actually mine. She's Scott's daughter from a previous relationship though we've raised her and she's always called me mom. Though I tried, I never really bonded with her and we had a very volatile relationship until recently. It took me months to bond with David, who is mine. I've just never had a very strong maternal instinct.

    When Brittany was about 8 months pregnant her biological mother showed up. We hadn't heard from her since Britt was 10. She stayed a week with them, and Britt called nearly every night in tears because she couldn't wait for her to leave. After Sabrina was born, she called them occasionally for a while and she's seen Sabrina once. She kept calling Sabrina, Samantha.

    I didn't care one way or the other whether Sherrie was a part of their lives. That is until Sabrina was born. I was supposed to be in the delivery room with Britt but she ended up having some problems and they thought she was going to have to have a c-section. She didn't thank God, and a few minutes after Sabrina was born, they brought them back to the room.

    From the moment they put that little bundle in my arms, the most amazing thing happened. I loved her and I wanted to protect her. It certainly wasn't a feeling I was used to. I just don't love easily. Scott on the other hand wouldn't even look at her. They'd lost her heartbeat several times which is why they thought they were going to have to do a c-section, and I think he was afraid of getting his heart broken. She's definitely Papaw's little girl now.

    That love that I felt has only grown over the past 2 and a half years and it still amazes me. I miss her every minute that she's not here, and I have more patience with her than I've ever had with anybody! Patience is not my strong suit, especially with kids.

    Even though Britt and ET haven't heard from her in a long time, Sherrie's name came up the other day. I flat out told them that Sabrina was my granddaughter and they'd better not forget that. Thank God, they agreed because I'm not sure there would be much I could do if they didn't.
    |