Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves: Old friends

Lpprdlvr's Rants and Raves





Check me out!

".....it makes everything erratic just twisted and divided and cruel...."


+Picture Of The Week+ Joe Columbus 07-08-07
My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States


My Mood
The current mood of lpprdlvr at www.imood.com

+ EMAIL ME!!!!+

+FavoriteLinks+

  • The Satellite of Love


  • The Columbus Blue Jackets


  • The Official Def Leppard Website




  • +BlogLinks+

  • Kim's Blog About Nothing


  • Rhonda Elizabeth's Missives


  • Skylark's Meditations


  • Sunshine, Most Times


  • +CelebrityBlogs+

  • Rick Springfield's "The Gomer Diaries"


  • Brian May's Soapbox


  • Ross Halfin's Website and Diary


  • Emm Gryner's Journal


  • Wil Wheaton


  • Nigel's Blog


  • Previous Posts

  • Oh
  • Okay, we have July, August and September covered.....
  • New Ebay store!
  • Home
  • Wow!
  • Uh why?
  • Heard this on the news
  • I've finally decided!
  • Yawn!
  • Am I being too picky?
  • ARCHIVES

    Powered by Blogger

    Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

    Thursday, May 25, 2006

    Old friends

    I got to talking with Britt today about some of my old friends/boyfriends from school and got to feeling nostalgic. I don't stay in touch with many people that I went to school with, just Margie who was my neighbor and best friend for many years, Suzanne who got me through my divorce from my first husband, Tina who introduced me to Ron though she claims not to remember that! and Ron, who's Scott's best friend. For those that don't know, Ron and I dated off and on for several years and he's the one that actually introduced Scott and I.

    Anyway I went to classmates.com, where I'd signed up years ago and looked at some profiles just for kicks. We grew up in a pretty small community and it was kind of funny but also kind of sad as I saw a name and then clicked on a profile. I found that I could predict marital status and number of children almost 100%. It seems that people just don't change all that much and there are few real success stories from home.

    There were a couple of surprises and some info that I found through other sources though. One guy that I dated, mostly because he had the coolest car, was quite the trouble maker/druggie/dealer at the time. He didn't graduate but I found out that he did finally get his GED and has raised 2 sons all on his own.

    Then there was "R", a guy I had a crush on but never dated. He was a total screw up and barely graduated. Turns out he did a stint in the military, worked for the DOD and is now on the school board!

    I see a pattern there and Britt did too. I definitely liked the bad boys. I'm not really sure what the point of this post is, I guess I'm just missing my childhood. I'm glad Scott and I got out when we did though.

    One memory that has stayed with me all these years is a girl "S". My junior year I rememeber her telling me that I was going to end up in trouble and not know who's it was. At the time I had no clue what she was talking about. I dated a lot of different guys but was pretty naive. Many years later I realized she was warning me about getting pregnant. Funny thing is, she did and I didn't because I wasn't having sex. I guess others perception of me was that I was a wild child. I wasn't and I'm not. I love acting wild and crazy when I'm out with Chrissy and I guess I was that way in school but I wasn't nearly the bad girl people thought I was.
    |